A Hero Among Heroes – The Red Alert News

A Hero Among Heroes

It is true that police officers and firefighters run to danger while others are running away. They are all heroes. It is also true that there are exceptional men and women among their ranks who stand out as heroes among heroes.

Officer Eric Talley, who was slain yesterday while saving others in a Boulder, Colorado supermarket, is truly a hero among heroes. Read on.

*****

For years, Eric Talley had a stable job in information technology that provided for his children and his wife, who educated their seven children in their Colorado home,” according to The Washington Post.

But in 2010, after one of his closest friends died in a DUI crash, he quit, left behind his master’s degree and enrolled in the police academy at age 40, according to his friends and family. [emphasis added]

“‘It was remarkable to me that somebody would go to law enforcement from IT,’ Jeremy Herko, a lieutenant with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office, told The Washington Post. ‘He lost pay. He lost time away from his family. He joined the police academy without a guaranteed job.’ [emphasis added]

When a gunman opened fire inside a King Soopers grocery store in Boulder, Colo., on Monday, Talley, 51, was among the first responders to run in the door. He was fatally shot along with nine other people, Boulder Police Chief Maris Herold said at a news conference.

“‘My heart goes out to the victims of this incident, and I’m grateful for the police officers that responded,’ said Herold, who called Talley’s actions “heroic” as she held back tears. ‘I am so sorry about the loss of Officer Talley.’

“At a news conference on Tuesday, at which law enforcement officials released the names of all 10 people killed, Boulder Mayor Sam Weaver called Talley a ‘truly heroic public servant’ who ‘joins the ranks of six other Boulder police officers who have laid down their lives for the people of our city.’

“‘Today we remember, we appreciate, and we honor the lives of those who were killed. One of those who we remember is Boulder police officer Eric Talley, who was gunned down as he valiantly protected those in mortal danger,’ Weaver said.” [emphasis added]

For more of this report, go to The Washington Post.

Please share your thoughts about Officer Eric Talley in the comment section.

1. David Smith says:

Mr.Nonnel Do you own a gun??? If you take away all the guns you have just cut another piece off our constitution also left innocent people in harms way Just like Prohibition was to get rid of alcohol we saw how good that worked and the drug war How many billions have we spent on that and how many lives were lost??? please go up to the drug cartels the black panthers BLM ANTIFA and other terrorist and tell them you would like their guns LMAO Sir what would you do if there are no guns and two or three guy break into you house with large knives and even an illegal gun they don’t kill you just make you helpless to watch them rape and kill your wife and kidnap your children to sell them . Don’t think it happens read the FBI files When you get all the illegal guns and the guns the criminals have I will gladly give you mine sir just don’t hold your breath waiting

2. Nyleve Nonnel says:

My heart goes out to the family and his fellow brothers. This is something we hear about, and think it won’t happen again, but it does. Gun control is not the answer. We need the guns off the streets and have stringent policies for obtaining a gun. AK-47, don’t belong in the hands of citizens. They only should be issued to active military.

3. Mary says:

May God Bless him.. so sorry. this police officer & all police to make the sacrifice of his life to save others in time of need..
    He now rests in the arms of Jesus.. & now lives in peace.
    May his family know & believe he is now in a better place & to stay strong just knowing that.

4. Patricia J Callahan says:

I have been crying over this whole terrible shooting. First I have to say this Officer Tally is in Heaven right now, and he is with Jesus and in the most beautiful place , that no one can even imagine. Jesus said Himself He has gone to heaven and built a place for us, and Jesus doesn’t lie , nor does God. And Officer Tally will receive a reward from Jesus.
    I just want to say also that I don’t understand why he ran in like that, why couldn’t he have been extra cautious. When I watch movies , I always see the police being very careful, and hiding when they have to capture a man with a gun. This man showed he ran with his heart , not his head, and only thought of the people who needed him. Jesus thank you for taking care of this Man now , who is so happy , He would never want to come back to earth. And He took his love of his family with him and will see them again, when it is their time. Jesus is wonderful TRUST HIM
    we also need to pray more , especially NOW, and repent , this is why the pandemic is here, and all this shooting, the devil took over. People need to gather and pray, and repent and watch God end all of this. And God will make America great AGAIN.

• Patricia Callahan says:

I also have to say , my heart and prayers go out to his family. They will see Him again, , I pray that God touches their heart and gives them the understanding that He is now in Heaven. What a brave , beautiful soul He is, I don’t know are or can even think of running into danger like that. Lets pray for them to find peace and know that God took him in his arms. Please follow Jesus, and watch how the life has we see it now, will turn around, and we will have the right president, not liars, and people working for the devil. God is watching. Wait and SEE how God will hear your prayers. I have seen God do miracles in my life and other people I know. I was set free by Jesus and I am a better person because of Him. Please pray. Please stay close to Him.

5. Elizabeth says:

Office Talley chose to be there as a policeman. That tells us something about his character. I pray that God will give his family peace and help them with their grief. He was truly a hero! God bless his family and the families of the other victims.

6. David Smith says:

Maybe we could take some of the money from the Illegals and aid we give countries and take care of our first responders doing a job I don’t know if I have the courage to do

7. Kenny Daigle says:

Muslim, hates Americans . Wow sounds like a terrorist to me. Crazy no just hates America.

8. Dorothy Stewart says:

Dangerous careers, such as police officers and fire fighters require special people and special training. I would ask you all to join me daily in prayer fore these special people and their families.

9. Priscilla Olmsted says:

Well,Stated George Nunn. Thank you, for our men & women in Blue. I pray for all left behind, that you feel & know all the peace & Love from all that saw or read this tragedy. May we please look at the person or persons, not the guns. We have so much mental instability ,mental illness and lost lonely humans. FOCUS on the people first. We must provide places, people and modalities to assist these folks. We closed these facilities in late 70’s and 80’s and no where to go ???? just let them go !!!
    Hearts are heavy with anxiety & fear.

10. Randy L. Wolf says:

As former police officer (resigned, not retired since I discovered that I was unable to take care of my family on the salary offered at that time) I admire this officers courage! It’s easy to say, “Oh, I’d do the same thing,” but when you actually face a person intent on killing folks even a .22 caliber weapon looks almost like an 8″ cannon when you look down the wrong end of the barrel. I wonder how the City of Boulder will help take care of his wife and children or will they (as I have seen other cities do) simply verbally honor him and forget about how his family will get by?

11. Dorinda says:

Thank you officer Talley and all first responders for your heroic and selfless work…..we need and support you everywhere!! RIP officer Talley…..job well done. My heart goes out to all victims and their families. We need better mental health and gun controls. 💙

12. Carol Bartlett says:

God’s blessings on this hero! May he rest in eternal peace. As for the perpetrator, that is another story! My feeling remains the same! If you commit a crime with a firearm that results in the death of another, the penalty needs to be automatic death penalty! I understand this is harsh but in these cases it is necessary!

13. David Smith says:

Now a black man cut a 12 years throat with a box cutting talking about white devils assaulted McDonalds employee’s and two officers all the time yelling racial slurs but he has not been charged with a hate crime Really?????

14. David Smith says:

I am sad for the people who lost their lives in the last two shootings this man will get a trail and maybe he can be put in with the Boston Bomber and they can tell stories of their little Jihad. I just hope this is not just the beginning. I hope he was here legally not that it maters But it will calm the fear I have in my heart a little

15. merly says:

God Bless Officer,ERIC TALLEY,and his family,and 10 other victims.
    RIP,May The LORD Bless you all.This killings make my heart ache,i cried,crying for **JUSTICE**for our American friends.

16. Joyce says:

May God bless Officer Talley’s family. He was a true hero facing a villain who obviously didn’t like Americans. America needs to do something with mental illness. The gun didn’t pull the trigger – it was a tool just like a knife, machete, bomb, etc. We all need to support the blue and keep our police officers safe. Thank you Officer Talley for your service.

17. George Nunn says:

God Bless the police officers and all First Responders running toward danger every day to save us regular folks. Without them we would certainly have a lot more injured and fatally injured folks!! My daughter was in law enforcement many years and I prayed everyday for her and her fellow officers. We are so lucky to have these selfless people helping us daily !!!!!! My heart goes out to all families that are without their heroes that are out daily keeping us safe. Amen!!!!