Bill Maher: ACB is a Religious Nut – The Red Alert News

Bill Maher: ACB is a Religious Nut

Bill Maher and Amy Coney Barrett

This weekend, in a scathing and profanity-laced attack, comedian Bill Maher denigrated Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett and her religious faith.

For upwards of seven minutes, as you can witness in the video below, Maher belittled the fact that Judge Barrett takes her Catholicism seriously and that there will be seven Catholics on the Court if Barrett is confirmed – making comments like:

• “Look I have nothing against Catholics, except my entire upbringing, but they are only 20% of the population. If seven out of nine justices were Jews or Muslims or Buddhists, would that be okay? And if faith is this super important element of life, as Barrett and her Republican supporters say it is, shouldn’t we have a healthier balance on our highest court?”
  • “Atheists make better judges.”
  • She was raised in an extremist Catholic community called People of Praise.”

As to whether Judge Barrett would vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, Maher opined: “Of course she will! She’s been groomed since birth to overturn Roe versus Wade. She’s like the Terminator. A robot programmed to fulfill one task. Except she wasn’t sent from the future, she was sent from the past.” [emphasis added]

Finally, Maher summed up Judge Barrett’s adherence to her faith by calling her, “Nuts.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Watch and share your thoughts in the Comment section further down the page.

1. Don Davis says:

So Bill if being a Catholic is so bad and should disqualify you from being in the Supreme Court what about being a president shouldn’t that disqualify Biden by your standards?

2. Eric Arnold says:

Bill Maher
    When you run completely out of humorous things to say,then shut up!!
    You attacking a supreme court justice nominee,Pathetic! Who are you
    to judge such a glowing example of a person. Time is short and the day will ,no doubt come that you’ll stand before the GOD that you don’t believe in and
    explain the garbage that leaks out of your face

3. Pegs says:

Look up ASS—- in the dictionary and you will see a PICTURE OF bill “CHEESE” maher. MAJOR LOOSER !!!!!!!!!! MAJOR PEICE OF S–T !!! If u call yourself a comedian, DREAM ON. My Dog is funnier than u. GET A LIFE YOU SMALL BOY. No way are u a Man. One word to sum u up EVIL !!! It’s HOT IN HELL billy.

4. Steven says:

Bill!
    You have been drinking the blue Coolade again haven,t you?
    shame shame shame

5. clay rice says:

For Bill Maher, if she is a religious nut, still way more intelligent than
    you, just a PLAIN nut.

6. Raymond USMC 50-56 says:

Put Maher’s brain in a knat and it would fly upside down and backwards. He is the most un-funny comedian I never watch.

7. Theodore Frost says:

This guy,Maher..who is he ? Does he contemplate his esoteric cogitations or does he just ramble on without regard to his inane commentary

8. Cg says:

He’s not considered a comedian.It’s more like a has been fool with no concept .

9. Janie says:

I think it’s sad that we have come to the point where it is considered funny to purposely hurt someone, plain and simple. Bill, It is even more sad that you would drag in her religion just because you don’t believe in God. But, guess what, Bill, even your fellow atheists are Nicer than you. What satisfaction do you and others get out of blindly attacking someone? Do you go to bed at night saying, “It was a good day today because I bullied the hell out of a woman I’ve never met. Gee, I’m gonna’ sleep well tonight.”

• Sam B. says:

Lol..Amen Janie! I’m a “barely left leaning” democrat that wonders every day what or who from the left/radical left is gunna say OR do something embarrassing/asinine to the imploding democrat party…or (like the failing bs left-bias media) try to divide/dramatize the country. Marr & everyone on the radical left r “off the reservation”. This & so many other reasons r why I & dozens of other sensible Democrats r jumping ship! Patriots don’t want to live under radical socialist rule! No thank u!
      TrumpPence2020!??

10. Jim Wilcombe says:

Maher was an idiot 20 years ago and hasn’t matured yet.
    It still amazes me that people listen to him. He is in the same class as jane fonda ( who never had to face her treasonous acts—murder).
    I don’t know why I even comment on this, they will neve have to answer to anyone

11. Steven Van Ness says:

An obvious asshole.

12. Frank Enderlin says:

Not worth my time to watch or listen to him.?

• Bev McConnell says:

He’s a jerk. Stopped watching him years ago. Comedians aren’t funny anymore. They just make fun of people and call that funny. Making fun of a person’s religion is a really stupid game to play. Grow up Bill! You are making a fool of yourself.

13. Leon Lurie says:

YOU ARE A 1ST CLASS S–B & you should finally be SHUT DOWN by the FCC,’
    They also look at your station’s LICENSE.
    What you did is crappy & I am glad I stopped watching LONG AGO. YOU & YOUR
    SHOW IS GARBAGE, JIM CARRY is perfect trash along with you

I am JEWISH With many CATHOLIC FRIENDS——–You really crossed the line
    this time you SKUM

14. O Olon says:

BM you are a real mind blowing idiotic slime ball jerk who has no respect for those that so outshine you in every detail of life ex; those with BRAINS, CIVILITY, MORALITY, HIGH ETHICS, LIVING A LIFE FOLLOWING A RELIGION and HIGHLY EDUCATED. Think about it BM, YOU NEED TO UP YOUR OWN PERSONAL STANDARDS BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE AND CONDEMN SOMEONE WHO OUTSHINES YOU BY GALAXIES. SO PLEASE SHUT UP AND GO AWAY YOU BIG PUKE!

15. Bob Isham says:

Bill M is a real jerk. This lady could earn millions and millions in Corporate Law. She is perhaps the finest Candidate we have ever seen. She clearly made her case and was brilliant from start to finish. Bill on the other hand is a moron who thinks he is funny. Bill has zero class, zero brains and gets zero laughs. His lousy green baloney is not selling. Is he still driving a Yugo and living with a snake and 50 cats?

• Barbara T. says:

How disgusting to say that about A woman and it also includes her family of devout faith! I am A Baptist but have had Catholic friends since I was a child and respect them all!! The “comedian if you can call him that” has NO CLASS!!!

16. Al says:

Bill Maher is the lamest idiot on earth,
    no wonder he has no career,
    My wish is that when he dies he will go straight to hell !!

17. So, can I assume you will be voting for Trump since both Biden and Harris claimed to be Catholic?

18. John says:

He can not rise up enough to lick the dung off Red Skeleton, or Bob Hope’s boots.

19. akjohn says:

I actually feel sorry for you, little man. You obviously suffer from the Runt Complex. If I lived in your hide, I would be very careful mocking GOD. Nobody mocks the LORD and gets away with it. Sooner or later those words will bite you in your skinny, little butt.

20. Bill, how are you? I hope you can fit that swelled head into any vehicle, so you get home safe. Forgive me for saying so, but you’re a very small minded human being. I can’t say much for your intellectual prowess. I hope you are blessed and I know a true man of faith will pray for you, because one day you will stand before our Creator and you’ll answer for every word just as I will. I hope you stay well and I know Amy will forgive you.

21. James Brock says:

22. James Brock says:

23. Richard says:

What a jerk. Those words will come back and haunt him.

24. Tom Williams says:

Maher is not funny. He is a short little man, in fact 5 less inches he would be classified as a certifiable midget. I have known many short people in my life time and they are all angry and confused little men. He thinks the world looks down on him, actually we do, and it upsets him thus his psychotic personality which only allows him to ridicule others to make himself feel an inch or two taller. Sorry Bill but you just are not funny.

• Mary says:

No he is not funny he is disgusting . I cannot understand why these people were laughing and he was saying . He is trying so hard to make himself feel better about himself he needs healing of his mind and his spirit whole lot of prayer I am putting him on the prayer line

25. Its a disgrace that anyone with such views has them recorded for anyone else to read. How devastating to Amy Barrettt and maybe this will make her stronger in her faith because she trusts in a God who does not choose hateful speech but love and goodwill for all.
    Those who speak thusly never have known the God that Amy and I know and we are the winners for He has the last word and has written His law and gave His Son to die for us. Oh thqt this black-hearted man only knew Him. I shall utter a prayer for him and for Amy. God bless her!!!!!

26. symphony Sid says:

And I thought hospitals were were for sick & disabled people and back yards for growing flowers and vegables. I don’t this so call human being???? would make good fertilizer.

27. Glenn says:

MAH ER is one of these people that thinks others Care about what he thinks I guess that’s what happens when you think you’re important and you’re the only one who thinks that

28. Jeanne says:

Does anyone still wstch ir listen to this idiot! What a vile man, obvioulsy intimidated by a stong woman! Go crawl back in your hole and take Creepy Joe with you’

29. Tony says:

Maher Your a Complete Ass! Your leftist thinking is what’s destroying this Once Great Country. Stick a mic in your face and your stupid comments make you relevant? Just like the hollywierdos! Hopefully you’ll move out of America when Trump gets ReElected ?? I’ll drive you across the boarder! Your a Un American and a Disgrace!

30. Judith A Mark says:

Our country was founded on Religious Freedom, I do not know who this guy thinks he is but nothing funny or intelligent about his rant.

31. Shirley Hale says:

Do not approve of judging any ones religion. God is the only one to do judging Will not be watching this man.

32. charles says:

CAN’T BELIEVE ANYONE STILL WATCHES HIM

33. sg says:

Bill Maher How descending and hateful Im so Offended by your Stupidity and fowl mouth. None of this is even funny…. Is this your only way of getting attention??? Sad for a nobody as yourself…. Get a life !!!
    Amy Coney Barrett is a very intelligent highly respected nominee for the Supreme Court… She is highly qualified, her religion has nothing to do with it.
    Although maybe you could use a bit of God fearing in your life Cuz it fears me what’s in you, and where you are headed in your after life, good luck with that at least you will be warm.

34. Judy Mosty says:

What Bill Maher was saying is totally disgusting. I feel sorry for him because he is going to have to face his maker and explain all the horrible things he has said, before God sends him to Hades And what is saddest of all is that there were so many people in the audience that were laughing and making fun of Christians. How pitiful some people have becone.

• Jerry Griffin says:

BILL WHO

• Joe says:

What a shame to see an asshole comedian have license to smear a Supreme Court Justice as he did without consequence!
      It’s a total disgrace! He’s as low a human being as there is! I’d love to run into him someday and personally tell him what a piece of garbage he is!! I regret I have to refrain from my true feelings but I know it would be taken down, but you get my drift!!

35. BR. T.DAVID says:

As a RECOVERING Catholic/Jew and an advocate of FREE Speech. I agree he should be able to speak. REAL TRUTH is Diversity and what THE RC’s and Evangelicals would say if the nominee was NON Judeo Christian!!! They had problems with Jews such as RBG. FREEDOM of Religion also means FREEDOM FROM Religion. As a RC Cursillista and former Benedictine Oblate I know the horrible bigotry in and towards the RC Church and as a child was bullied about being both Catholic and Jewish. THE ANSWER TO ROE v WADE is PLANNED PARENTHOOD WHERE RESPECT AND RESPONSIBILITY RULES. A planned child is 99pct+ unlikely to be aborted. Also facilitating adoption etc would solve the last LITTLE PCT. Every 11-15yo needs it throughly in their head to ZIP UP as well as DOWN and to RESPECT THEMSELVES AND OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. Floyd Boyer says:

I feel sorry for people like Maher and Behar who think their opinion matters. No person of minimal intelligence listens to a thing they say.

37. Colene Beck says:

Where do you get the idea that he is a darling of the Hollywood crowd, he is an UGLY beast. He is the MOST hated person I know. He is not and never has been funny. He will go to HELL for sure. I am embarrassed for him, he is a very sad character, not even a human being.

38. Kathie says:

Your words and entire clip are disgusting. I feel story for you and for the hatred in your heart.

39. Micki Larson says:

The only nut is Maher. His day will come when people see him fir what he is. A NOT funny comedian. He’s just a big/mouth idiot.

40. Maxine Covington says:

Bill you are nothing but a asshole coward. Did that ugly ass Pelosi tell you what to say?
    You call yourself a Christian, you should be ashamed of yourself, if you are a Christian, God help us. They should cancel your show because you are nothing but a coward.

41. Vinson says:

Strange Bill, I’m an atheist, but not from California, I use my head not my rump to think with. Besides this is America not China.

42. Liz says:

Maher is a sad little man. No one cares what his opinions are. So in a pathetic way, he keeps trying to get the attention he needs. Like so many on the left, he thinks he knows about all people on the right. He doesn’t!

43. Yvonne Vance says:

What did you expect from someone like him? He is not and never has been a person that I would want to emulate. We need to pray for him.

44. Cheryl Nespor says:

I still find it hard to believe this guy attracts people to watch & listen to his ridiculous & usually filthy banter. He talks as if ONLY his opinion matters & the rest of us had better shape up & believe what HE is saying or we’ll go to hell! NO THANKS! I have much better things to watch on NETFLIX!

• BR. T.DAVID says:

FRIGHTENLY SUPRISED DJT, MITCH, LINDSEY, JERRY JR. , RUSH ETC ARE FOLLOWED. I SUSPECT BILL HAS BETTER TV RATINGS THEN ANY OF THESE MISGUIDED MYSOGINISTIC ANARCHISTS. REMEMBER MOST OF THE WARS OF HISTORY WERE RELIGIOUS. AMERICA IS HERE BECAUSE OF CATHOLIC/PROTESTANT BATTLES IN ENGLAND OVER WHO IS THE MOST “RIGHT” AT BEING WRONG!!!!

45. Shirley Bowen says:

He will get his comeuppance in the end. He is so not funny. I’m surprised he is still on the air.

46. Laura Barber says:

What’s the matter Bill,have a problem with strong women? ?

47. Harry Kerlec says:

Bill Maher is an Idiot. Only another Idiot would listen to him.

48. Evelyn says:

Their is only one God you damm idiot what a great christian you are you’d make the devil sick you have no morals????

49. eagle165334 says:

To Mr. Maher. ACB is a christian. thats more than you will ever be… go back and crawl in your hole with sleepy Joe…

50. Roberto says:

The NUT is Bill Maher. He should be locked up for stupidity.

51. Michel says:

you call yourself a comedian> don’t give up your job at the self service quickstop

52. ANTHONY CHIARAMONTE says:

Bill just continues to be a democrat party flunkie reading from the pelosi/Schumer script.come Nov 4th after Trump is re elected and ACB HAS ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED,BILL,can go cry with his friends at the view

53. Nell Edwards says:

Bill Maher is a complete idiot!! How dare he try to disgrace Judge Barrett because of her Faith in God!! Without the blessings of God on America, we would be just like some of the rest of the world. God has blessed America in so many ways, & many times we take His blessings for granted. However, instead of Bill Maher knowing God as his personal Savior, he & his life is in the hands of Satan!! Bill Maher thinks he is smart & funny, but instead he is stupid, uneducated to the extent that he stoops so low to make an idiot of himself to try to hurt Judge Barrett. She is well educated & we are blessed to have her for one of the Supreme Court Justices. God bless her & her wonderful family!!!

54. Kathy says:

I think Bill has it wrong on who is nuts. What happened to civility?

55. Jim says:

Bill, not funny at all, in fact, you are a coward. The Catholic Church, for all its’ problems, has done more good in this world than bad. As for “nuts”, the only person(s) nuts are those people who watch your stupid, unfunny show. Get a real job.ACB confirmed to the Supreme Court next week and President Trump wins in a landslide Nov 3 rd. Move to Iran they will really enjoy your humor there.

56. Honest says:

Just another a==Wipe ~

57. shirley says:

is Joe Biden not a catholic ??????????????

• KK says:

He must be about to lose the 3 people who watch him. Attack a person of more class than he can ever dream of having. What goes around comes around.