(TheRedAlertNews.com) Red Alert: It was another deadly weekend in Chicago, one of the most violent cities on the face of the planet.
According to multiple sources, including this report from WBBM News Radio:
- “Four people were killed and two 17-year-old boys were among 25 others wounded in shootings in Chicago from 5 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- “In one of the attacks, two men were shot, one fatally, Saturday in Brainerd on the South Side…
- “Hours later, a 24-year-old man was found unresponsive on the sidewalk at about 12:15 p.m. in the 1600 block of North Mayfield Avenue, police said. He was shot in the chest and legs and was taken to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, where he was pronounced dead…
- “A man was shot and killed Friday night while sitting in his car at a gas pump in Humboldt Park on the West Side…
- “A man was shot and killed early Sunday morning in a drive-by in Fuller Park on the South Side…” [emphasis added]
Tragically, the above seems to represent every weekend – indeed, every day – in Chicago, where Mayor Lori Lightfoot seems incapable of getting crime and street violence under control in what was once one of America’s greatest cities.
Will the violence ever end in Chicago? Could a different mayor regain control of the out-of-control streets within the city? How much longer will the good citizens of Chicago tolerate the constant carnage and blood running in the streets?
29 SHOT, 4 DEAD, IN WEEKEND SHOOTINGS ACROSS CHICAGO – WBBM
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) January 17, 2022