(TheRedAlertNews.com) – Breaking Now: Just moments ago, John Kirby, Press Secretary for the United States Department of Defense, announced that President Joe Biden and the Pentagon had placed 8,500 members of the United States Armed Forces on “heightened alert” in preparation for possible deployment to Ukraine and the surrounding region in Eastern Europe in anticipation that Russian President Vladimir Putin will soon send his troops across the Russian border on a mission to invade and take control of Ukraine.
According to the New York Post:
“Up to 8,500 US forces have been placed on “heightened alert” for potential deployment to eastern Europe amid growing tensions between Washington and Moscow over Ukraine, the Pentagon announced Monday.
“Defense Department press secretary John Kirby stressed during his regular briefing that no final decision had been made about whether to deploy troops to the region as part of a 40,000-strong NATO response force (NRF) in the event Russia invades its western neighbor.
“‘We’ll continue to provide updates in the coming days about these decisions,’ Kirby said. ‘But specifically this will ensure that the United States and our commitment to the NRF has – is consistent with their readiness for rapid deployment again, if activated.’” [emphasis added]
This is a breaking news report by Red Alert News.
Please email [email protected] with your opinion about whether American military forces should be used to attempt to stop Russia from invading Ukraine.
BREAKING: Defense Department Spokesman John Kirby says 8,500 US troops on ‘heightened alert’ if needed to deploy to Ukraine but no decision made yet
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) January 24, 2022