(TheRedAlertNews.com) – During an “all-hands meeting” with employees of Twitter, Elon Musk, who is trying to buy the social media platform, reportedly said words to the effect of “people should be allowed to say racist things.”
According to the business network CNBC, which received reports from employees attending the meeting, Musk’s remarks while answering Twitter employees’ questions could be summarized or paraphrased as follows.
- Musk wants Twitter to reach 1 billion daily active users (currently 229 million).
- Musk says he doesn’t care about being CEO.
- Users should be allowed to say what they want on Twitter.
- On free speech (paraphrased): People should be allowed to say racist things, but that doesn’t mean Twitter should promote it.
- On Twitter banning users: When it comes to legal but potentially harmful speech, Musk believes people should be allowed to say what they want. But that’s different from Twitter promoting that speech, Musk said, according to the source.
- On Twitter in general: “I love Twitter.” “I learn a lot from what I learn on Twitter.” It’s a “great way to get a message out.” “Some people use their hair to express themselves; I use Twitter.”
What is your opinion of Elon Musk, who may soon be the owner of Twitter, saying words to the effect of “people should be allowed to say racist things”? Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not? Please share your reaction and thoughts by emailing [email protected]. Thank you, and have a good day.