Generals: Young Americans Too Fat To Defend USA – The Red Alert News

Generals: Young Americans Too Fat To Defend USA

A group of retired military leaders is warning the Pentagon that most of America’s youth is too out of shape to defend the nation,” according to The Washington Times.

The organization, known as “Mission Readiness” wants the Pentagon to help set up an interagency committee to address what it considers the nation’s military recruiting crisis.

“They recently sent a letter to acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, urging him to work with heads of other relevant federal departments and agencies to take a “holistic approach” to address issues ultimately impacting the ability of the military to recruit personnel.

“According to the Department of Defense, 71 percent of young Americans are unable to serve in uniform, largely due to obesity, drug abuse, a poor education, or a criminal record. [emphasis added]

“‘These factors largely fall outside of the Department of Defense’s purview but have an immense impact on the ability of the military to recruit new servicemembers as well as a significant monetary impact on the Department,” of Defense, retired Air Force Gen. William M. Fraser and retired Coast Guard Adm. James M. Loy wrote in their letter.

For more of this story, go to The Washington Times.

Please share your thoughts in the comment section on this page. Do you think too many young Americans are out of shape? Is the problem worse today than when you were growing up? If so, what do you think is the cause?

AND many are too indoctrinated. Go back to the draft and let them learn reality.

2. DAvid Stanion says:

The generals are lamenting that the youth do not fit their high=falootin standards for entry. Why not just shut up, and let people enlist. You may be surprised that your recruitment crisis is all in your heads and snobbish attitude towards who can serve America. All generals before our present stuck up ones had little problem finding people who wanted to serve America in the military. I have spoken with dozens of youth on the streets just wishing they could join but some little offense, no matter how slight, disqualified them as unfit. Keep up the snobbishs bullshit and you generals will be fighting alongside the enlisted just to fill the ranks. Shades of
    Oz!

3. John says:

keep the nukes at the ready.

4. Matt Douglas says:

Americans turning their backs on God/The Bible is problem no.1. Too many lesser gods. Permissive, inconsistent, absent, parenting is problem no.2. Children will do as you do, not as you say. Leadership by example.

5. John P OTJEN LTG USA RET says:

THIS HAS GONE ON FOR FAR TOO LONG. POOR DIETS, NO PT REQUIRED IN SCHOOL NO DISCIPLINE. I AM A MEMBER OF MISSION READINESS AND FULLY SUPPORT THEIR WORK

6. G says:

Yes America’s youth are out of shape compared to youth in the 60’s-70’s. The development of the computer and video games have children sitting versus outside playing. Our fast food industry and what is classified as comfort food is addictive and causing harm. Diet cola with artificial sweeteners spikes the blood sugar causing a craving for sweets that turn into fat. Schools no longer pushing physical education from elementary through high school. Parent or both parents working stopping for fast food for time or convenience. Mother’s no longer taught home economics to learn how to cook and everything nuked in microwave out of a package. Growth hormones in livestock to increase meat yield passed into human when consumed. No incentive for young adults to get into shape other than personal motivation.

Sad but true and saw this coming 20 yrs ago but now it is worse. The young are not only out of shape physically but mentally as well. Listen to them when they speak and the oldsters are following them and not teaching them correct English. Honestly I find it hard to understand what the young are saying to me, for example, “it was given to him and I.” Should I tell people to give to “I” instead of me? The young are becoming a lost cause and adults as far as English is concerned are following suit. Listen to radio commentaries. Horrors!

8. CharliAnn Olney says:

The weight is not the problem. That can be fixed in Basic. It is their ATTITUDE that is the problem. The kids today would prefer that the Country they live in is washed down the tubes. They are being taught even in elementary school that American is an evil, hateful, (gasp) Capitalist Country that needs to be completely reformed. After being taught that for all their lives and spending their nights rioting in the streets and drawing money from the “trough” for their “efforts” why should they “fight to defend” our Country. Even our Very own U S Army is becoming a Pansy! Telling their soldiers to worry about getting shot while off base!

9. Jean says:

Being retired military, I can tell you there were a lot of personnel having a hard time meeting the physical fitness standards back in 2004. I can only imagine it has gotten worse since then. Physical standards are only one component. Most kids don’t know the Pledge of Allegiance, understand the U.S. Constitution, and don’t even stand for the National Anthem (no thanks to the NBA, NFL, etc.)

10. David Smith says:

My step-dad had a B.A. from a very hard college called Mount Saint Mary’s he chose to be a milkman I asked why don’t you become a teacher he looked at me and said are you allowed to talk back or disrespect your Mom or me Or grandma and grandpa or adults. I said no he said what would happen to you if you did I told him you would make my ass redder than a fire truck and rearrange my mouth. h said Do you think if you can’t be a mouth I would let any other kid disrespect me?? I understood why he became a milk man my Dad was airborne and a big guy. But he was honest and fair and loving and kind I really miss him. if you don’t discipline a child when they are young they become undisciplined for life and don’t learn respect.

11. Jeff Surlet says:

Bring back JFK’s Presidential Physical Fitness Program.

12. Rocky says:

The Generals seem to be out of touch with the country. American children expect illegals to take care of all things requiring labor or danger. Our kids are ahead of the curve in many ways because of their video game skill sets and what that promises for future conflicts. Look at the parents so many who disrespect what is for the good of the country now. An example would be wearing a mask or accepting the fact that the majority of the children will need a extra year of school because the parents refused to put the extra time into helping with their education and will blame it on the teachers who sacrificed their own off time to learn new skills so they could teach these ingrates remotely. look at our political leaders who refuse to recognize the sacrifice our teachers have gone through to babysit these kids so the parents can ignore the current crisis and go to work so they can afford to go to bars and party like there is no tomorrow. No! I’m not a teacher but I think our teachers deserve to be with those first to get the vaccine after Health care workers and way before any politicians.

13. Bernard Scanlon says:

Trust me, after nine weeks I was in the best shape of my life.I went in under weight, the guy that bunked across from me was overweight.At the end of basic training we both weighed an even 185 pounds. Besides, you should reinstate the Draft anyway. And we should have more information on commercials that tell these idiots just what that crap they’re putting into their bodies is actually doing to them. Seeing is believing. Funny we never hear about how that crap doesn’t care who matters, No matter what your skin color is.

14. LG says:

I have a lazy ass pair of kids now..the youngest,my oldest dare disrespect me or their elders especially their grandmother or grandfather they still til this day remember they way they were raised and the ass whooping they would get for their behavior my oldest son now 29 says to my youngest son of 16 you don’t know a good ass whooping boy mom use to whoop our ass..but of course thanks to CPS and some crappy ex they called and kept calling CPS on me but only out of spite.now these two big mouth disrespectful kids of mine think they can piss and crap on everyone.including me!they seem to help make these now day kids the way they are…over stepping and telling these kids to call 911 or tell someone at school.now for every little thing using that to throw in your face.

15. rick says:

Without a belief in God, Who creates a firm set of morals, I don’t see how any of these problems will ever be solved!

16. Rosemary says:

It digusts me when I see the way some of these kids talk to their parents. They all need to have their electronics taken away and go to boot camp for awhile, along with the parents. The parents are the ones who created these self centered,lazy,rude,entitled little brats.

17. William H. Wilson Jr. says:

Parents and school leaders should be dealing with this on a one on one basis in gym and health in classes they also have school advisors and psychiatrists to dal with the obesity problems in school children. These problems can negatively affect children for a life time and should be adressed by education in the department of education.

18. Lillian says:

Be careful what you’re asking, because there will come a time when all of the military won’t be needed anymore. Read the book of Revelation go to chapter 17 and ask yourselves where is mystery Babylon? It’s the good old USA and the lady who sits on the water is in NY. Then complain about the people.

19. Cowboy Bill says:

This why YOU DON’T raise these ==PEOPLE on $$$$$$ TAX INCREASE DOLLARS!!

20. Orange peel says:

They are right. Youth today are lazy mouthy little socialist babies. Their parents have taught them the world owns them something don’t know what that is.schools have taught hate for America. Free anything all the while they go eat have sex then abortions. Need the draft to whip these little punks in shape. Take their parents too. Lazy parents make lazy kids.

• Shell says:

Absolutely correct!

• Marilyn says:

That is true. Where are the ethics, responsibility,good moral values that should be instilled in our children, the enthusiasm to live a good moral life ?

• William C Johnson says:

The democrats are destroying any sign of morality in this country. When I was a child, the question was where you went to church. Not IF you go to church. What this country needs is a Christian revival. God bless America.

21. Edith Pelham says:

It is true that we have produced a generation of spoiled brats who cannot be depended upon to defend our country if needed. All they know how to do is eat and look at their “smart” phones.

• Shell says:

So true & so sad.

• Anywilldo says:

Agree, no more addictive chemicals in our food. Proper discipline of youth of any species is essential. Put child molesters in the grave ‘for safety’.

• William Johnson says:

When I was a child, I remember talking with my friends about who’s dad gave the worst beating. My dad was sergeant Bob. Man he could put on a mischievous boy. The funny thing is, Sergeant Bob is gone now, but I did grow up to love him dearly. Parents now don’t want to hurt little Timmy. This is what’s wrong with kids today. Sergeant Bob taught me respect for my elders and myself. Parents today don’t understand that without discipline, the childs development suffers. Leaving us with 71% of today’s youth unable and unwilling to defend this country. Parents today should remember how the greatest generation in America had grow up. I’m sure they heard stories from their grandparents.

• William says: