(TheRedAlertNews.com) – BREAKING NOW: Another weekend has brought numerous horrifying crime scenes to the streets of Chicago.
While the final toll may yet rise, at last count, nine are dead, and 26 are suffering wounds from gunfire.
These latest shootings come a week after 40 people were shot, seven fatally, in Chicago.
However, in one case of self-defense this weekend, the initial assailant ended up dead.
As the Chicago Sun-Times recounts that incident:
“A man was shot to death while trying to rob two people Saturday afternoon in Calumet Heights on the South Side, police said. Two men had been walking back to their car from a store about 3:45 p.m. in the 1500 block of East 95th Street when they began talking with the robber, identified as Xavier Johnson, police said. The pair entered their Volkswagen SUV, and Johnson got into the backseat, struck one of them with a handgun, and demanded their belongings, police said. One of the men pulled out a gun and shot Johnson, striking him in the forehead, left leg, and chest, police said. He was pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center.”
There is no word from Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot following this weekend’s bloodshed about anything she intends to do differently to try and reduce the amount of street violence plaguing Chicago.
This is a breaking news report from Red Alert News.
What is your opinion about the level of violence on the streets of Chicago and the job that Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is doing to solve the crime wave in the city? Please email your thoughts to [email protected]. Thank you.