(TheRedAlertNews.com) – The always fiery United States Representative Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, has issued a demand letter to President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security for an upcoming hearing on illegal immigration.
Jordan wants Biden’s Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas prepared to provide answers to five specific demands at the hearing.
- Jordan wants all Customs and Border Protection data on southern border encounters and got-aways since Jan. 20, 2021.
- Jordan wants Mayorkas to disclose all data related to interior immigration enforcement since Jan. 20, 2021.
- Jordan wants all data on the “Remain in Mexico” program — a program that allows certain migrants to await court proceedings in Mexico.
- Jordan wants the Biden administration’s plan for ending Title 42, the Trump-era public health policy used to expeditiously expel migrants that is now set to be terminated on May 23rd.
- Jordan wants all data on most other immigration programs, including Special Immigrant Visas for Afghan allies, Temporary Protected Status, and immigration benefits.
Jordan is angry because the Department of Homeland Security has been ducking hearings and not providing the information Republicans believe they need to conduct proper oversight of the department and its policies when it comes to illegal immigration.
In a letter Jordan sent to Mayorkas, he wrote:
“The Biden administration’s radical immigration policies have caused a humanitarian and security crisis along our southwest border. As the Secretary of Homeland Security, you are responsible for carrying out President Biden’s far-left immigration policies. Republicans on the Judiciary committee have been seeking your testimony since April 15, 2021, and we are heartened that you have finally agreed to testify in person before the Committee on Thursday, April 28, 2022.” [emphasis added]
Rep Jim Jordan Is Demanding 5 Pieces Of Information From Biden’s DHS Secretary https://t.co/TQMUyqcC8a
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 20, 2022