More Questions About Attack on Paul Pelosi

Pelosi Residence

( – A trove of court documents about last month’s incident in which House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband was attacked with a hammer in their home has been made public by San Francisco prosecutors. Still, important questions remain unanswered, according to a report.

Speaking in a 14-minute address from the House of Representatives floor on Thursday, Nancy Pelosi announced she was stepping down as leader of the House Democrats after 19 years on the job.

In January, she will join the new US Congress as a regular lawmaker in her 19th consecutive term.

“Questions remain, however, about the lack of security for the home of the person second in line to succeed the president and the suspect’s motivations,” Washington Times writer Jeff Mordock wrote in a report.

42-year-old Canadian illegal immigrant David DePape, who has had mental health problems, broke into the Pelosis’ family home in San Francisco to try to capture the House Speaker.

Nancy Pelosi was absent, but DePape ended up skirmishing with her multimillionaire husband Paul, cracking his skull with a hammer, in a fight that occurred after officers had arrived, according to police reports.

DePape faces dozens of years behind bars if found guilty of several state and federal charges.

“This is something that was specifically targeted,” said San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins last week, emphasizing the attack was no “random act of violence” or “random residential burglary.”

According to court documents, the police officers found the two men struggling, and DePape lunged at Paul Pelosi after he had been ordered to drop the hammer he had on him.

“The biggest mystery surrounding the incident is the lack of security at the Pelosi residence,” the report pointed out.

It reiterates earlier reports that the Capitol Police weren’t monitoring the security cameras at Pelosi’s home since she wasn’t there at the time.

Last year, the San Francisco Police Department ended a practice that had it post a patrol car outside the House Speaker’s home.

The Capitol Police, tasked with protecting the person second in line to the US presidency, found out about the Pelosi home invasion ten minutes after it occurred, after its officer on duty in Washington, DC, saw police lights on the house’s live camera feed.

While US Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger vowed a thorough investigation of the incident, he refused to reveal details so as not to “make it easier for any potential bad actors.”

“The Capitol Police doesn’t have the resources to protect the physical safety of every federal lawmaker. Security details do not extend to lawmakers’ families and rank-and-file members can only get a detail based on a threat assessment,” the report concluded.