‘That Guy Picked the Wrong House’ – The Red Alert News

‘That Guy Picked the Wrong House’

There’s no better way to start the day than with a story of a good man – especially a veteran – defeating evil.

~~~~~~~~~~

An 82-year-old Vietnam veteran defended himself, his wife, and his property after an armed intruder entered his home over the weekend, killing the intruder by bludgeoning him to death,” according to Blaze News.

According to a report from Newsweek, 82-year-old Herbert Parrish and his wife, 79-year-old Lois Parrish, were inside their South Carolina home Sunday when they heard an unexpected knock on the door.

“When Lois opened the door, she saw a man — later identified as 61-year-old Harold Runnels — who said he was looking for his dog.

“‘I opened the door and he said he was looking for his little white chihuahua and wanted to know if I saw it,’ she recalled. ‘I told him no, I hadn’t.’

“At that point, Runnels reportedly forced his way into the home, brandished a knife, and slashed Lois’ forehead.

“During the melee, Herbert grabbed a shotgun hanging on a nearby wall and repeatedly struck Runnels with the barrel of the weapon until he fell unconscious.

“Parrish — who said he pummeled Runnels at least 10 times in the face — said, ‘I felt, we’re gone. He’s going to kill us and take what he can take. He was not going to go out the door and leave us alive. That’s the way I felt. That’s why I said ‘I’ve got to do something quick and get the edge on him. Get the advantage on him.”…

“When authorities arrived on the scene, Runnels was unresponsive on the floor. He was taken to a nearby medical center where he died of his injuries, according to Fox News.

“Neighbor Jessica Clark said that Runnels made a grave error in choosing the Parrish home.

“‘This street is normally not that crazy or anything, and we all know each other and everything,’ Clark recalled. ‘I never would have expected it to happen here. And so I kinda feel like it puts a stain on this neighborhood in a way.’

“Clark added, ‘[W]hen I heard they were able to fend off the suspect, I was so proud of them, and I was like, ‘OK, so that guy picked the wrong house.'”

For more, go to Blaze News.

We value free speech and commentary. Please share your thoughts about this courageous Vietnam veteran in the comment section. We think he’s a hero! Do you agree?

1. Daniel Stewart says:

I am a Vietnam Vet, just had my 72nd birthday. Good for Mr. Parrish. The bad guys need to know that in spite of the wimps running the country,there are still true Americans who are willing to stand up against the fools who think they have the right to just take what others have worked and sacrificed to obtain.

2. Good job Parrish! The “Vegetable in D.C.”,and the “Dementiacrat Party’ hate stories like this. The choice to beat him to death was a good one because–#1 it hurts a lot longer! #2 ammunition is very expensive now,and, # 3 who wants blood,poop,and holes all over their floor?

3. Marshall says:

It’s a wonder police didn’t lock him up for a few hours to “think about if he did something wrong”Duh Duh-

4. Carolyn J Frazier says:

I AM THRILLED TO HEAR THIS WONDERFUL VETERAN PATRIOT WAS ABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF & HIS WIFE. THE POLITIINS IN THE WHITE HOUSE & IN OUR GOVERNMENT ARE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT OUR SAFETY & BEING ABLE TO DEFEND OURSELVES. I FULLY BELIEVE IN THE SECOND AMENDMENT & EVEN
    THOUGH THIS GENTLEMAN DIDN’T HAVE TO SHOOT, IT COULD BE NECESSARY TO FOR ANYONE OF US AS SENIOR CITIZENS TO PROTECT OURSELVES.

5. I am also a Vietnam Veteran (Disabled) and I am proud that another Vietnam Veteran stood his ground when attacked in his own home. I would hope that I would be able to defend myself and my Wife if someone entered my home with the intention of robbing and killing us. I would expect that anyone forcing them self into my home to have evil intentions and should be dealt with accordingly.

6. Pegs says:

GOD BLESS YOU Mr. Parrish & Lois. GREAT PROTECTER of our GREAT NATION & Your home!!! HOO-RAH ! #STAY SAFE

7. The Castle Doctrine should be the law of the land in America. Someone 61 years old and doesn’t know the difference between right and wrong should meet his maker. I would have liked to know the background of this vermin, as I suspect this was not his first encounter in breaking our laws. Our justice system is in shambles and sleepy wants to allow mor law breakers into our country. Common sense has taken the last train out of town. I think sleepy may have bitten of more than he can chew when he attempts to remove firearms from true Americans. Let’s make certain he gets the message, loud and clear.

Many of you will not speak with bravado when the Biden admin passes laws outlawing guns. I sure would hate to give up my mom’s Sig but if it must be for the good of Americans, so be it. Didn’t stop me from getting a baling hook. If someone is so damned anxious to come in I’ll help them with the hook in the back of their neck. My sister objects to such blood thirsty actions and would give in to the intruder(s).

• Pegs says:

your sister is an IDIOT!!! Runs in your family!!

• Sam B. says:

Give up my/our 2nd amendment right as a American citizen…allow the psychotic socialist to take my legal & licensed to carry firearm when these radical socialists who obviously side with the rioters & want to defund police (how’s that working out New York, Portland, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Baltimore, Philadelphia etc etc)…not a snowballs chance in hell. The radical psychotic socialists left r creating this BS & allowing it to happen.
      * LOL PEGS!

• Holly Rose must be smoking some good weed. This has nothing to do with bravado. Some of American understand what is right and what is wrong and we intend to enforce it, come what may. Again I say, our justice system is a mess and only staged to get worse with sleepy at the helm.

9. Robi says:

Thank you for your service GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

10. Sunne says:

I am surprised that the Dem apologists did not suggest Soldier Parrish try to develop a dialogue with Run-Out-Luck Runnels to calm him down. Soldier Parrish did a much better job of calming Runnels, permanently.

Next, the Runnels Family may sue our Soldier hero for being too brutal with the wastrel Runnels.

GOD Bless the Parrish Family

11. Gregger says:

Senior Power!

12. Marian Baer says:

Thank God. Good for him. He defended his wife, himself and his property.

13. Rodney says:

And the damn Democrats want to take our guns from us . Good luck with that I’ll give mine up only when all Democrats have been exterminated or hell freezes over. Don’t think either is going to happen soon.

14. RON KNOX says:

shoulda put one between his eyes

15. rick says:

Sure hope the home invader was a commiecrat!

16. Eleanor E Froehlich says:

VIVA LA VIETNAM WAR VET! DEFENDING HIS HOME AND FAMILY!GOD BLESS AMERICA!