Update! Veteran Ordered to Remove American Flag Mask – The Red Alert News

Update! Veteran Ordered to Remove American Flag Mask

Air Force veteran Gary Dean

U.S. Air Force veteran Gary Dean

“But Dean said a manager informed him Tuesday afternoon out of the blue that his patriotic face covering was verboten — specifically because it showed the stars and stripes, the station said”
“Apparently corporate came down and said ‘somebody was offended by the image of the American flag on the face covering,'” Dean recalled to WCTI.
So, on principle, Dean quit.
“As a veteran, my dad being a World War II hero, my best friend killed in Vietnam, out of respect for them I can’t just say … ‘I’ll take my flag and put it in my pocket,'” he told the station, noting such a concession would be against his values. “I had to quit, out of principle.”
Frankly, here at Red Alert News, we find it hard to believe that anyone would be offended by a U.S. military veteran wearing an American flag face covering. We find it even harder to believe that Food Lion – or any other corporation – would order a veteran to remove that face covering.

1. Niffer says:

Yes GOOD BY FOOD LOIN

2. Vonne G says:

Yes goodbye Food Lion,now that I know you are NOT an American Company. It is held by:
    Ahold Delhaize’s international headquarters is in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Our brands are active in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Romania, Serbia and the United States and we participate in joint ventures in Indonesia and Portugal.

3. Dwight Larrison says:

I’ve got a great idea: loot the store then burn it down. Spray paint PLM “Patriots Lives Matter” on it afterwards.

4. Joan D'Arcy Sheridan says:

I hope he gets his job back with back pay

5. Phil says:

No more shopping at food lion stores they only get one chance at it and they blew it tough results

6. Stephen E. Brown says:

All the Marines need to know about that store. Caving to the few is ridiculous. .

7. FrankAboutIt says:

NO ONE should be allowed to tell, order, or even suggest that ANY AMERICAN Displaying an American Flag should remove it, put it away out of sight, or hide it. If someone is offended seeing Our Flag; they are in the wrong country. They should immediately be apprehended, given a one-way ticket out of here, then escorted to the airport and placed on an airplane to Communist Red China.

8. Patricia Lea Rosenberg Stancer says:

So we’re no longer proud of our heritage. You people should be ashamed. You should be proud of our country. God help us if we lose sight of God as our keeper.

9. Pierre says:

Looks like the lion turned into a socialist pussycat.

10. Lynda Taylor says:

No more food lion for me.

11. Rob Heard says:

The best discipline is to consistently holding the offender accountable. Food Lion should have invited the “USA flag hater” to kindly shop somewhere else If the flag cover offended him/her. But they caved in like a house of cards. Therefore it’s time for a good sound spanking!! Stop shopping at Food Lion and ask your extended family to do the same. Then ask them to ask their friends, and their friends, etc, etc. maybe Food Lion will get the message where their store looks like a ghost town. Forgive Food Lion when it flys Old Glory daily in front of it’s stores and gives away free USA flag mask you all of it’s customers.

12. Robert says:

Now why would wearing the flag as a face mask not be a deferment to that flag we hold so dear, people talk about it being wrong as clothing and as decorations so why would someone not take offence as the flag being a hankerchief.

13. Martha Moore says:

Have been shopping at Food Lion weekly. NO MORE!!!

14. Shirley Dean says:

The store is just like all the others in this country. They don’t have any guts to run their own business. Let’s jump on the band wagon like all the others. It makes no difference that we all have let the BLM fever taken over our souls. It’s called FEAR.

15. Ann says:

God Bless America and our flag. I would be proud to wear the red, white and blue.

16. I think any American Dem or Rep should b offended by this form of discrimination towards an American citizen should call Corp. red lion and ask about their unamerican policy

17. Mike says:

I think he needs to organize a “peaceful protest” at the food lion.

18. Harry Ackroyd says:

Not just veterans, but every patriotic American should boycott Food Lion.

• Charla Goodman says:

I agree with you 100 percent. I will be boycotting food lion from now on. Shame on them for such an unamerican act toward a veteran.

• Charla Goodman says:

I agree with you 100 percent.

• Jim USAF says:

Hey Duane, I’m a Veteran of the USAF I find it amazing that any public established is ashamed of the American Flag. To repeat a statement made by none other than Joe Biden, take the imanager out behind the barn and beat the hell out of him. That would send a signal to other in America anbastards to respect the flag and Veterans. Period.

19. Duane says:

I see that the food lion has changed their policy on facemasks. I do sincerely hope that they will compensate Gary for their ignorance. God bless all of the great Americans that have spoken up. Be proud of where you live, and stand up for what’s right.

20. Re says:

I am so tired of this going on in AMERICA, if You don’t like the AMERICAN FLAG YOU can LEAVE my COUNTRY you DON’T BELONG HERE….This STORE should be SHUT DOWN ….

21. “one nation under God with liberty and justice for all.” The veteran was using a reminder of the country he loves. With all the leftist turmoil, we all need to remember the Founding Fathers., our flag, and the heroes who have protected the USA. We have many enemies and those who just use our freedoms unlawfully. Stand up for your freedoms stand up for the U.S.A. Be thankful for the country you are a citiizen of.

22. Lu J says:

Thank you for standing up for what you believe and your principle values. Without the American Flag we have no Country, no respect for our brave Veteran’s. Thank you for your service… God Bless You and God Bless America!!!

23. HRABINA KRYSTYNA says:

DESPICABLE that a Veteran can’t make a statement or us the American Flag to protect his health as well as everyone elses. Evidently it was O,K. to make a scarf with the American Flag printed on it, but not O,K. to wear it?

24. Vonne G says:

No flag, no country, no respect? Feel free to leave America if your offended, as this IS OUR countries flag. And this is how cancel culture works. I’m offended by stupid people, and those who go along with them.

25. Robert N Palmer says:

All Americans should boycott Food Lion as well as all veterans. This is a very stupid reply to a person who does not like the USof A. Why would a business want to act this way and then expect Americans to patronize their business?

26. Buck Sprague says:

will not go back to Food Lion for anything-they were my 1-2 choce for food items. This is a shame.

27. yendor says:

maybe another sign of the Civil War to come!

28. Teal Tiki says:

I am proud of Gary Dean, and shocked that a grocery store would say such a thing!
    I will never shop at the Food Lion store chain again! I am more offended by that store’s policy than the fact some vermin said they were offended by the flag, because we know they are paid by soros. But this store chain is part of America, for them to demand the removal of the flag from his face, is intolerable and I won’t give them a cent of my money! I WILL NEVER step foot in their stores again!

29. Forward this on to 20 people you know keep it going sync this stupid company says:

Never shop again and spread the word about this
    Forward this on to 20 people you know keep it going sink this stupid company

30. David Pfeiffer says:

It makes me sick to my stomach reading stuff like this. I am a American and proud of it like the gentleman that quit the Food Lion . That is exactly what is wrong with our country today . People like Biden and his counter part wanting to run the Country based on lies . Using a Pandemic for political purpose . Pack of liars . If Biden gets elected it will be 10 times worst. I want to know where Food Lion is so Hillary and Pelosi can shop there for votes . They may get couple idiots like Food Lion to support them ? Lol

31. Edward Penland says:

What a disgrace to America and Americans the land of the Free
    And to ALL who died for this GREAT COUNTRY

32. Honest says:

As a Veteran, I personally, would tell my Boss to promptly Kiss my American ass and Do My Job Himself~

33. ROBERT POWELL says:

this should be a wake-up for all of America, the socialist /marxist slant of the democraps has turned into a DIRECT AFFRONT TO THE CONSTITUTION. if this is done with corporate agreement, they just made this vet a very rich man. SUE THE PANTS OFF OF THEM.

34. M. Mathews says:

You must know who these people are that want to demolish America and all we stand for. These are the people who want to show their flag and do the looting and stand for everything free.
    Stand up for yourself and your rights.

• Danny Jenkins says:

Time for a Veterans BOYCOTT of Food Lion If they would cave in to one UNAmerican complaint about seeing our Flag then may be that person should be set straight that ‘this IS USA and if the flG offends that person they always have the option to quit and seek employment somewhere else! Where is the ACLU when a real infringement of citizens rights are so blatantly enforced. Is the complaintant even a citizen? Anyway yesterday was my last day shopping at Food Lion ! Sounds like a Socialist /Communist owned and run company. Hit them where it hurts in their wallet!🇺🇸

35. Harold says:

Just another corporation showing it would rather cave into anti American trouble maker’s than sticking up for America. They worry more about image so maybe there in the wrong business.

36. Gene says:

Shut that in American company down never to open again then Gov. Should sue them the complainer doesn’t like it here DEPORT them tho Iran YEAH!

37. What is this country coming to I get sick of people trying to take the flag down and a face mask what is it of your business what kind of face mask someone wears.

38. Kathleen says:

I think as soon as Trump wins, his first EO should be: no flag burning, no disrespecting the flag, no knees at singing the national anthem, and put God back into the pledge of allegiance without being given a lengthy prison sentence! OuR forefathers put all this in place to celebrate our country and praise God for his glorious good for freedom as the foundation of our country and no disrespect allowed or quit your damn sport, end this racial discrimination of kneeling at the national anthem, and proudly display your flag to represent freedom, masks included! Take it to court and let this decision to place the rule of law and order as the cornerstone of our country be reclaimed!

39. Duane says:

I support Gary Dean, I don’t know where the food lion is, but be damn sure you’ll never see me in that place. How un-American.