Video: Cops Kill Man With Butcher Knife – The Red Alert News

Video: Cops Kill Man With Butcher Knife

For civilians, it can be hard to understand just how quickly police officers must decide whether or not to shoot a knife-wielding attacker.

This amazing bodycam video of Chicago police officers having to make that decision in order to potentially save a fellow officer's life is an excellent example of how fast an individual with a knife can attack an officer - even after being tased.

Watch this video and see if you think the police officers involved made the correct decision to shoot the man with the knife.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments section further down this page.

WARNING: The man does not survive and this may be difficult for some to watch.

~~~~~~

1. RICK LAKE says:

This is a ugly thing to happen to any police officer, I don’t under stand why the officer doesn’t have a riot shield or 4′ baton to keep this person at bay until others arrive at the seen I see a second police officer and don’t see why he in not tackling the suspect. Has far as I am consured this is a CLEAN SHOOTING of a prolbemed person with a deadly weapon in hand. THis black person had no respect for the female police officer. She will have to live with this shooting for the rest of her life. ALL LIFES MATTER, not just Black only Rick ps in the 1980’s I applied to be a officer and was not pasted because I was too passive. I would have waited until more police officers same to help.

2. Jackie says:

I’m almost afraid to comment, but then I have very strong feelings about law enforcement and their use of force. I, personally, have had very bad experiences with law enforcement when I have been in “protective custody” due to suffering from bouts of severe depression. I am also a gun owner, and will use a gun with deadly force if necessary to protect myself in the event that my life is in danger, but I have never threatened anyone with any sort of weapon! Nor have I ever committed any crime. What happens is that someone in my circle of friends, family, or treatment team will be concerned about me and have the police come to my home and do a “welfare check.” Then what happens is that I get handcuffed and stuffed into the backseat of a patrol car and eventually taken to the psych unit of the hospital. Even though I’m not “under arrest” I’m still treated as if I’ve committed a crime. I understand that a person with a known mental illness can be assumed to be dangerous, but given my history, and the fact that I live in a sparsely populated area, it’s a known fact that I am not a threat to anyone. Still the police treat me in an undignified, abusive manner, when all I’m guilty of is suffering from clinical depression. I have scars on my wrists from handcuffs that cut deep wounds into my skin. I have been laughed at, lied to/about and even told I was “a waste of the department’s resources” by law enforcement officers. On the other hand, the video above, and another similar video I watched recently has kind of leveled the field a bit for me. In the video above, clearly the officer was in a life threatening situation in which deadly use of force became necessary. The other video I had watched showed a similar situation where the tasers were not enough to disable the guy with the knife. One of the officers was actually begging the guy to drop the knife as he was running toward him. The officer said several times, “Please Sir, drop the knife.” But the attacker would not comply. When the attacker was within range of stabbing the officer, the officer had no choice but to use deadly force. When the officer was pleading with the guy to drop the knife, I felt a genuine sense of humanity and compassion from that officer, something I haven’t felt from law enforcement that I have had to deal with. He did not want to shoot him. He begged him to disarm himself, but he wouldn’t. Perspective is everything in this case, as it is in most cases.

3. Andy says:

Stop put your hands up.Do it and there is no reason to shoot.

4. FrankAboutIt says:

There are videos that exist on this very subject. A man with a knife can quickly kill a man with a gun; especially if the man with the gun hesitates . The Officer/s made the right decision.
    A couple of mistaken ideas that exist to some extent in the public arena are: that if a Police Officer shoots a suspect multiple times, this equates to something bad. What number is too many ? And, conversely, what number is too few ?
    Some people find it hard to believe that Officer’s aren’t trained to shoot to wound, rather than kill. If they were trained to just wound a suspect; and the Penal Code wouldn’t authorize Police to use deadly force .

• Randolph Thompson says:

I would of shot the man to . easy for you to say shoot to wound it’s not your life in danger and a wounded person is more dangerous than a dead person. You brake the law you pay the price

• John says:

10/4 police don’t carry weapons for looks. They are trained to protect the public and themselves. That’s why we have them.

5. John Lanski says:

Anyone charging at me with a knife, I aim for central body mass and empty my pistol. Police or military.

I too hope I/we never get put in this position…a position our law enforcement face every day. Once again the choices some people make r poor. Also…once again someone doesn’t COMPLY as to what law enforcement asks u to do! Black Lives Matter would have no bs narrative if everyone would just COMPLY! 99.999% of all interactions we the public have when dealing with law enforcement would end well if we made better choices..& COMPLY WITH WHAT THEY ASK US TO DO!
    Respect & COMPLY! It’s a beautiful thing!
    #SupportLawEnforcement!🇺🇸

7. First I would find a phone and call his mommy and tell her that her boy is being bad and she needs to come and get her kitchen knife before he cuts himself. Then I would call a mediator/counselor to come and talk to the man about his anger and let them suggest he be a good boy from now on. This is after I tell all those people in the area to run for their lives and that I would shoot him but he just needs someone to talk to, even though I have no idea who he may have already stabbed in the past or how Many others he might have stabbed before he was wanting to attack me. Or I could call spider man to come and restrain him in a blanket of webbing, then I could talk to him myself about him needing to calm down and loan me that butcher knife to cut my watermelon with when I get home to my wife and kids and that I would bring him a big chunk of watermelon at jail in the morning along with a ham sandwich, a bag of Fritos and a Coca Cola.

8. Lawrence says:

• sam oliver says:

Do you really believe that you can talk to someone like this rationally, I tried years ago to talk 2 brothers from knifing each other, the rage was so great it did not happen. Their mother had followed the young men from their house into my back yard. cutting each other a little at a time. It was not good. the mother pleated with her kids. the kids were like so concentrated on cutting the other they never even looked at their mom. It was a mess. The police showed up after it was over. Not like today when the police could intervene. Sad for all. I remember it like it was yesterday.

9. Cheryl says:

Yes it’s either him or me. Looks like another case of drug use by the man with the knife. Time to get the drugs out of the country.

10. Duane Kuga says:

Its a decision I hope I never have to confront, they had no choice!

11. Debbie says:

Yes I would shoot.

12. Pegs says:

Yes. PERIOD!!!!!!!

13. R M says:

30ft away he can kill you with the knife before you clear your holster, that is a proven fact in police training we practice that.

14. I would have in a heartbeat!

15. harold roberts says:

no i wouldnd

• Charles says:

Harold Roberts Let this sink in. If you had been attacked like this and not shot, you would not have been able to post a comment because you would have been dead.

16. Mickey says:

For as Barbara I bet she’s a dam Joe Biden Democrat. I say blow the sob head off. For our men in blue just stay safe ,and be sure to vote for Trump

• Paul McCarthy says:

I agree, more criminals at the scene of their crime need go be accompanied by a coroner when he/she leaves. Same with destructive rioters

17. Marvin fulk says:

Yes shoot him his life are yours

18. William Seno says:

British police have shot one person wielding a gun since 2008, a hundred times in the U.S in one year.

19. In reply to the comment from Barbara, I shot a guy with a big upraise butcher knife and it went thru his arm to the muscle area where it struck the bone and went into his body killing him instantly. Other than that I would have been a picture on the wall in the 32 pct with a whole lot of other guy. Only by the grace of God I am here today. This happen in 1963.

20. JACK says:

Yes by all means Shoot , the man was attacking with bad intentions the officers had no other choice.

21. Eddie says:

Remember when you need to protect yourself, a moving target does not give you time to be selective. You shot to defend yourself, you have been watching to many movies.

22. Nellie says:

Shoot the attacker.

23. Nelda Weber says:

No question About it. Shoot the attacker.

24. Betty Dykes says:

I would have shot the Thug in a heart beat it was either The Thug or Police Officers. They made the right choice.

25. Joseph Ross says:

When danger arrives and the suspect is told to halt and drop a knife of gun and the person coming on doesn’t respond and approaches with intent, the policeman has the right to protect. it either his life of the intruder.. I agree with the police.

• Arthur Walkden says:

very definitely they have the right to shot. Anyone carrying a gun or knife and are coming at you or private citizen has a right to protect himself.. I Don’t believe in concealed gun law. By the time the innocent person gets the gun out the person attacking will have done what he had planned to do. The concealed weapon didn’t do him any good

26. john says:

people need to be responsible for their actions if you pull a weapon on a police officer or a citizen and refuse to drop the weapon you need to accept the consequences of your action
    police are being shot and stabbed they need to protect themselves and the citizens they are hired to protect
    defund the police and we go back to the old west where everyone will need to pack a piece

27. Foster Johns says:

Totally justified

28. Barbara A Barooshian says:

I would shoot but not to kill. Certainly a person can be shot in the leg or arm, not to kill. Police have to think fast but shoot to wound only.
    barbara

• John says:

You’ve seen too many movies.

• maxibaby says:

Sorry but, officers are not trained to spend time trying to take aim at flailing arms and fast moving legs. It would be good if that was possible but, there is no time when all of a sudden a knife, gun or other lethal weapon wielding person is running toward you as fast as they can to kill you! I am sure that is why officers are trained to aim at the body mass, when a person is running toward you that is the easiest target you can choose to save your own life…..

• Jim says:

Babs, You do not know much about being “shot at” or being subject to a knife attack do you? Can you hit a softball with a pistol at 10 feet? How close would you allow a knife wielding, crazed thug to get to you before you took “definite action?

29. Howard and Janice Ainsworth says:

I don’t think they had any other good choices. Shoot or watch their teammate get stabbed.

30. Sandy says:

Shooting a human being can be devasting for some people. If that is u then imhobu don’t need to carry. I think the cop was in the right to shoot the guy with a knife. If he didn’t already have his weapon drawn, the knife welding man would have had “the drop” on the cop.

31. Emmett Nichols says:

No question. Save your life. Shoot.