Natalee Holloway Case Resurfaces

Police line

( – Joran van der Sloot, the main suspect in the case of Natalee Holloway’s disappearance, accepted a plea deal after being accused of trying to extort the Holloway family.

In May 2005, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway went to Aruba on a senior trip with Mountain Brook High School. She was last seen leaving a bar with van der Sloot and was never found. By January 2012, she was legally declared dead due to a request from her father.

Now, van der Sloot is convicted in the U.S. of trying to extort Natalee’s mother, Beth Holloway, by offering to provide information about where Natalee’s body was located. Beth Holloway’s attorney, John Q. Kelly, informed Fox News Digital that van der Sloot accepted a plea deal and revealed the circumstances of Natalee’s death and the location of her body.

He stated, “It [the plea agreement] was conditioned upon Mr. van der Sloot revealing details of how Natalee died and how her body was disposed of,” during an interview with “Today.”

There’s a court hearing planned for van der Sloot in Birmingham, Alabama. He allegedly tried to get $250,000 from the Holloway family, asking for an initial $25,000 and the rest after Natalee’s remains were confirmed. However, U.S. officials said he provided false information about the location of her remains. The extortion allegedly occurred between March and May 2010. After his initial transfer from Peru to the U.S., van der Sloot pleaded not guilty in a June hearing.

Beth Holloway is anticipated to make a public statement after the upcoming hearing.

After the alleged extortion, van der Sloot went to Peru and met 21-year-old Stephany Flores in a casino owned by her father in Lima. He confessed to killing Flores in May 2010 after she discovered his connection to Natalee Holloway’s case.

Although U.S. federal prosecutors charged him in 2010, he was not handed over to U.S. custody by Peruvian authorities until this year. Initially, he received a 28-year prison sentence in Peru for Flores’ murder. However, additional time was added due to his involvement in a drug smuggling scandal while imprisoned.

After his U.S. case concludes, van der Sloot will return to Peru to complete his sentence for Flores’ murder. If found guilty in the U.S., he will serve time in an American prison after his Peruvian sentence.